Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Has Sprung...Finally!!!

Spring seems to finally be here! Hooray! This past weekend we took Logan outside to run off some of his energy. He blew bubbles, played play-doh on the patio table, and got to help take the dogs on a walk by the river. Just being outdoors in the sunshine and fresh air has put a smile on all of our faces!


We managed to cook a few new recipes this week that were corn-free:

1.) Chicken Fried Rice (YUM!)
2.) Homemade Apple Pie (it was "divine"...Logan's word that he used to describe it!)

3.) Homemade Saltine Crackers (because it seems like EVERY.SINGLE.CRACKER contains corn!)

His PT was a little rocky. Miss Deb had him in the pool again and this week he was NOT feeling it. She is working with him to push off from the edge with his feet, turn, and make "mitten" hands and "rainbows" for the stroke that he is doing. When we went into the therapy pool area he started clinging to my legs... and by the time he got into the pool he was crying "Mommy, please get me out...I'm tired! I'm scared! I don't like this!" It really broke my heart, but I was cheering him on and clapping (although I would have rather scooped him up and cuddled him!!! I know it will only get better with time!).

This week at OT Miss Krista worked with him on getting messy (for his sensory defensiveness). She has a big mirror that was used to spread shaving cream all over and write his name in it. He put both of his hands fully onto the shaving cream this time and didn't ask to be cleaned up right away...this is HUGE progress!!! She also had a carpet square that she let him write on with sidewalk chalk. It was awesome! He would brush his hand over it and the chalk would disappear. I am going to get a rug for the house so that he can do this on "rainy" days! Fun times!

His eyes are starting to look dark and his breathing is heavier. I don't know if it is because we have moved and the dust that was stirred up in the process or if there is something else going on. I am going to watch it for another week and then decide whether or not to call our allergist!

Thanks for taking the time to read! If you are interested in one of the recipes feel free to message me!

Hope all of you are having a fantastic start to the new week!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment