Monday, March 7, 2011

This past week!

This past week was super busy and I did not get to blog like I enjoy doing! It has been a crazy week in the Lewis house. Logan's sister Hailey ended up in the ER on Tuesday night bc she broke her ankle. Then on Wednesday she had an allergic reaction to the Tylenol with Codeine and we were rushed to Parkview North ER by ambulance. She is okay, thank goodness. She is home now and resting well! :)

Logan visited the allergist this past Wednesday. It was our official one month check-up with Dr. Smits. We informed him of all of the progress Logan is making and they did the pulmonary function test. He is functioning even better than the last time! The only concern that I brought to Dr. Smits attention was that Logan is back to breathing noisy at night, only this time it is loud nasal breathing and not from his chest/throat. I personally think it is from the Zyrtec that he gets each night. I am going to try a humidifier. Dr. Smits did prescribe Flonase, too, but I am going to hold off on the prescription until after we give the humidifier a few nights to work. I do not want to treat another medicines side-effects with medication. We will see how this goes!

His behavior has been phenomenal! We visited the Home & Garden Show over the weekend @ the Colliseum and he walked like a big boy (in his leg braces, no less!). I did not even take the stroller in. Our only problem that we encountered was that all of the vendors give out candy, and he cannot have candy because almost ALL candy has some form of corn in it! Poor boy! He would walk by each vendor and say "I cannot have your candy, it has corn in it." with the most serious face. I am glad he is understanding his allergy a little more. He is silly!!!

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous week. I am really, really,  ready for some warmer, dry weather so that we can get outside and play!!!

Take Care,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment