Sunday, August 7, 2011

Missing My Boy

Tonight Logan went to spend the night with his Grandma Cheryl. I know they will have a fantastic time together and he will love every minute...especially the one-on-one time with his grandma. This seems great, and it is, but... I miss him SO MUCH!

I am so used to the girls coming and going to sleepovers with the grandparents and cousins, but Logan is always my little bed-buggy. Let me define "bed-buggy": an awesome little cuddler that will keep daddy's spot warm, give lots of snuggles, and say adorable things that turn a bad day good. Logan created this term...we always say "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite." One night he said (because Neil had to work a 24 hr at the hospital) that he would be my bed-buggy and I wouldn't have to sleep all by myself. :) He is such a sweet boy. Always lookin out for his momma. :)

I honestly cannot remember the last time that he stayed anywhere without me over night. I know this will be a good night for him and he will probably make some pretty sweet memories staying with grandma. I just miss his goodnight cuddles!

On another note I have a precious story from church this morning: Today was the kids VBS finale during the worship service...they were performing the songs that they had learned during the week. As Logan was singing and dancing he stopped in the middle of a song and came and sat back down with me. I asked him why he didn't want to stay up there and sing and he told me that his legs were hurting too bad. As the service was coming to a wrap Pastor Maki asked if anyone had any prayers...as Pastor was asking different people their prayer needs for the week Logan's little hand shot up in the air. Pastor called on Logan and asked what his prayer was...Logan then asked if he could pray that his legs would stop hurting. Pastor asked everyone to pray for Logan's legs and the doctors that are helping him. It was kind of a long prayer, but Logan sat completely still during the entire prayer. He was praying too. I cried like a baby. After that prayer, Logan laid his head in my lap and went to sleep. He is such a sweet, loving, and caring boy. I just pray that everything will turn out okay! I know it is in God's hands. :)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment