Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Hanging Out!

Logan has been doing really good the last few days! Behavior has been better than his average "normal" and we have been sticking heavily to the corn-free diet for him. This has been a complete lifestyle change, but as I have said before, I will do whatever it takes to help my children! :) This seems to be helping him tremendously! His breathing is still sleeping good at night, he isn't being near as harmful to himself or others, and he just seems happier!

I did order 3 books off of Amazon that contain corn-free cooking recipes. I am anxious to see what the recipes are like. Right now we have been doing a lot of grilled and baked REAL meat (chicken, pork, and beef), fresh vegetables, some canned vegetables, fresh fruit, and his bread. We have cut out ALL processed meat (hot dogs, bologna, sausage, etc.).

Today, Logan has been in a super happy and artistic kind of mood. I cut out shapes and he glued them on a piece of paper. 


I cannot believe the changes we are beginning to see. He has always been "sensory defensive" so he is EXTREMELY careful with his glue, unlike the typical 4 year old, and doesn't get it everywhere. Hey, I'm not complaining! ;) We did work on getting a little messy...I think I made him touch the glue twice (this is HUGE because he cannot stand ANYTHING on his hands!). I will probably break out the shaving cream tomorrow and let him play on the table and practice his name writting skills!

Hope you all have a fantastic day. I am going to go back to spending time with my lovebug Logan while we wait for the girls to get home from school and daddy to get home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment