Friday, January 7, 2011

Logan's Eyes

Okay... I am not really sure if you all notice it or not from the pic, but Logan's eyes have developed really dark circles under them. I have reviewed lots of my pics and know for a fact that these dark circles are fairly recent.
I am really trying not to be paranoid, but I just have this weird bad feeling... I don't know. I am probably COMPLETELY over-reacting! Neil and I were just discussing the other night Logan's breathing when he sleeps. It sounds like he is trying really hard. When he is awake he is completely fine. It's not like he stays up super late either...He goes to bed by 9 p.m. and sleeps until at least 8 a.m. every day...and if it's not a school day he will sleep until 10 a.m. if we let him.

We did see Logan's psychiatrist, Dr. Rustagi, yesterday and he prescribed Logan a new medication and took him off the other medication. We went from Haloperidol to this new one called Intuniv. It is a lot more expensive because there is no generic form...but if it helps him, I am okay with the cost. The only side effects that I have noticed so far is that he has been a little more emotional today (he doesn't normally cry -- he will yell and scream, but he doesn't cry).

On a positive note, I did speak with the behavioral therapist today. We have a meeting with her next Thursday. She will actually come to the house after the first visit (if we choose to do so) and work with him here. So....we will see how that goes.

Anyhow, I am going to go do a "Google" search on Intuniv... I have yet to look into how this medication works and what other parents think about it.

Have a great Friday night all!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment